Imagine a close-knit group of people who meet several times a week for worship, prayer, healing, confession, and support. This group networks with healers from various disciplines, physical, psychological, and spiritual, so that those who need healing can be referred to sympathetic healers who understand their needs. Each participant is encouraged to have a mentor and a spiritual director. Everyone who mentors would be required to have a mentor, and would be accountable to the mentor for his or her own spiritual health and for their work with others.
This group has no professional leadership. Instead, leadership gifts are identified and developed from within the group. As leaders develop over time, they begin to lead new groups. Each group is independent, but is guided by a set of principles and is accountable through the mandatory mentor relationships of its leaders. The groups come together for worship monthly, and are in close relationship with the central resource center, which maintains the healing network.
- Bible Study
- Table Fellowship (shared meals)
- Twelve Step workshops (an effective tool for discipleship)
We’re currently transitioning from online services to face-to-face, and more information will be forthcoming as we confirm our location and schedule. But we trust that God will make straight the path, because everyone we talk to tells us there’s a need for this kind of healing community.
In the mean time, if you want to meet with one of us, contact us! We’ll make arrangements.
- All healing comes from God. We do not heal ourselves, nor do healers work apart from God’s love, power, authority, grace, and mercy. We seek the will of God in all that we do.
- Christ is the center of our faith. He is light in the darkness, our Savior, and our example. We seek to follow Jesus in daily discipleship as members of a community with Him as its leader.
- Leaders are called to serve. In the words of Dietrich Bonheoffer, “We do God’s work for our brothers and sisters when we learn to listen to them.” We do not presume that we know the answers. The answers to each question will be revealed in a community in prayer.
- In Christ, we are made new through the Holy Spirit. Each person with whom we work is made in the image of God. We seek not to undertake projects, but walk together in healing as equals.